During the snowshoeing camp the participants are taught the basics for more safety in the terrain. The weekend from 27 to 28 February 2021 or from 06 to 07 March 2021 the camp participants learn everything about snowshoeing. Adequate preparation, the right equipment, adapted behaviour and the recognition of potential danger spots are of great importance to reach your stage goal safely.
- 2-day Achensee Snowshoeing Camp
- Basics for more saftey in the terrain
- Tour and training basics with snowshoes
|Participants||The camp takes place with a minimum number of 6 participants.|
Camp participants should be able to cope with the conditional requirements of 200 hm/hour and be able to walk red hiking trails safely in the summer.
The programme is subject to change based on weather conditions. Every participant must agree to the following conditions – Liability exclusion and the Austrian General Terms and Conditions for the Hotel Industry.
The event will be carried out in compliance with the current COVID-19 measures. More information on our website achensee.com
|Additional information||Liability exclusion.pdfGeneral terms and conditions for the hotel industry.pdf|
Naturparkstrasse 11, Pertisau, Österreich
Offered byAchensee Tourismus
Saturday, 27 February or 06 March 2021
- 09.00 meeting in the hotel
- Round of introductions
- Distribution of equipment and group assignment
- Venturing out into the open terrain
- Methods how to assess the risk of avalanche, behaviour during the tour and hands-on practice with emergency equipment (avalanche transceiver, shovel and probe)
- Theory session: equipment, snow and avalanche awareness, interpretation of the avalanche bulletin, basics of modern risk management and application of assessment methods
- Group dinner together with the mountain guides
- Evening lecture: materials, alpine dangers and how to deal with avalanches
Sunday, 28 February or 07 March 2021
- 08.00 Group breakfast
- Planning the tour up the Zwölferkopf mountain
- Reading and interpreting the current avalanche bulletin
- Snowshoeing tour: practice your skills, especially behaviour in open terrain
- Convivial gathering to round off the course
All important information regarding the schedule and packing list will be sent by e-mail before the camp. The programme is subject to change based on weather conditions.